If you are having any issues with your trash service please call 843-464-9583 extension 5.
City of Mullins services residents within city limits. If you are a new resident a cart will be ordered when you activate your water & sewer account with Grand Strand Water & Sewer Authority. Your sanitation charge will be billed with your water bill from Grand Strand. GSWSA can be reached at 843-765-4539.
Garbage Collection Guidelines:
* Place containers curbside with proper access for collection the evening BEFORE collection.
* Cart handle should face the street with the container lid completely closed.
* Only City of Mullins garbage carts will be serviced. Private containers not designed to be collected by City of Mullins equipment will not be serviced.
* Carts requiring repair or replacement due to normal wear and tear will be available at no extra charge.
* Lost or stolen containers will be replaced for a one-time $65.00 fee. Contact City of Mullins Customer Service to request a cart or make a report following the City's website homepage links.
* Garbage bags/items outside of collection cans will not be serviced.
* Additional collection carts are available at a monthly cost of $26.42.
Yard/Green Waste Collection Guidelines:
* Green waste includes grass clippings, leaves, and branches.
* Green waste should be separated into two piles:
* PILE 1: Loose material like leaves and grass (in bags)
* PILE 2: Woody waste like limbs and branches
* Block sidewalks, drainage grates, or ditches
* Place green waste near items that may be damaged and/or prevent collection such as vehicles, fences, mailboxes, telephone poles, low hanging trees, or power lines
* Mix with household trash, construction, and demolition material
Bulk Waste Includes:
* Mattresses and box springs
* Appliances (please remove doors)
* Plastic playsets, plastic houses, trampolines (please disassemble)
* Lawnmowers (please remove all fluids and/or oils)
* BBQ Grill (remove tanks)
* Needles/sharps (place in a rigid container and tape shut)
* Paint (mix with sand, saw dust or kitty litter and leave the lid off)
* Carpet and Vinyl Flooring (cut into 5 foot seconds, rolled, and tied)
The following items will NOT be collected:
* Construction and demolition debris including concrete, brick, block, wood, asphalt, gypsum, drywall, salvaged building components, window, etc.
* Ammunition and explosives
* Car/Marine Parts
* Tanks (propane, fuel)
* Lead acid batteries
* Radioactive items
* Bio-medical waste
* Cooking, heater, kerosene oils
* Automotive/Marine Fuels/Small Engine liquids, oils, fuels and/or filters
* Electronics (TVs, computers, gaming systems, cellular devices)
Have more trash to get rid of? City of Mullins and Marion County provides Residential Waste and Recycling Centers which are located throughout the county to provide convenient self-disposal drop off stations for residents.
Marion County Recycle Center Marion County Landfill
2631 Senator Gasque Road Red Bluff Court
Persons with disabilities must complete a "Special Service Form" filled out and signed by their physician to be approved for special service collection. Please contact City of Mullins for more information.
Collection will occur on the next day following the holiday depending on the day of the week that the holiday occurs. For example, if a holiday falls on a Monday collection will occur on Tuesday. If a holiday occurs on the weekend collection schedule will not be affected.
City of Mullins observes the following holidays:
* New Years Day
* Martin Luther King Jr. Day
* Memorial Day
* Independence Day
* Labor Day
* Thanksgiving Day
* Christmas Day